[asterisk-users] AgentCallbackLogin deprecated?

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Nov 30 06:31:35 MST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:57:04 -0600
"Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3)" <tacvbo at tacvbo.net> wrote:

> Why? Seems that reinventing the well was the agentcallbacklogin
> implementation, when it could be happend in dialplan logic.

Hm, now that I have examined this in more depth, I still seem to be
missing one vital piece of the puzzle.

The queues-with-callback-members.txt tutorial assumes that one agent
(as a specific human being) is always reachable at a specific phone.
This is not the case, and why I investigated chan_agent in the first
instance. Our agents sit at any phone and log in, so their ACD groups
follow them.

This is what I really meant about re-inventing the wheel, since with
AgentCallbackLogin removed, surely I'll have to maintain my own
database tables of which agent is available at which extension?

I'm hoping I've just overlooked something really obvious :)

Cheers,
Gavin,