[asterisk-users] Re: What's up with the Manager Interface?!?!

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Wed Nov 29 17:06:09 MST 2006

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <456DDAE1.4050705 at dynx.net>,
> Richard Lyman <pchammer at dynx.net> wrote:
>
>> just wait till you get a 'hiccup' that causes a line to get cut off,
>> drop a char, and continue on next line. <G>
>> (examples below)
>>

> I've made heavy use of the Manager interface for over 2 years now, and
> have never seen the kind of behaviour you described and showed examples
> of. I would be more inclined to suspect the functions you are using to
> read and collect the AMI output. Perhaps there's a buffer boundary
> error or something.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

perhaps.

not sure what your heavy use is, but mine i feel is rather heavy.

an example would be for the time between the following timestamps

2006-11-27 10:42:24  through  2006-11-27 20:48:18  (just a tad over 10
hours)

my asterisk debug file recorded 394234 lines of output (verbose 3)
my applications log file has 25647 lines
of those 25647 lines, 2/3's of those  were generated from  parsing
manager output
so a guestimate would be 16927 events were parsed (that is just the ones
i wanted to parse)

in all, for that time frame i only had 10 of those 'hiccups'

if i have more time this week i will take another peek at tracking it
down.