[asterisk-users] How to park calls on a specific extension

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Nov 29 16:08:48 MST 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Brad Templeton wrote:

> As I was noting in an earlier message, the parking lot concept is to my
> view not a thrilling interface at best, and I can't see many times one
> would want it in a SOHO environment.    It seems best for a large PBX
> where people are moving to random places to pick up calls, and many calls
> may be parked at any given time.

You know, there's one other method that'd work great. Our old BizFon
system allowed you to place a call on hold, and then press PICKUP on
another phone. Then you dial the extension that originally placed the call
on hold.

If I can transfer the call to a parking extension and have the system
remember which extension I parked the call from, and if I could then
create a dialplan that allows me to pick up the call based on which
extension parked it, that'd work fine. It'd actually be great, because the
behavior would be almost identical to that of our old PBX.

Thanks again,
  Steve

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.