[asterisk-users] How to park calls on a specific extension

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Nov 29 16:05:31 MST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Brad Templeton wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:20:27PM -0500, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> > Can you explain how ValetParking and twenty minutes worth of "dialplan
> > creativitiy" can't do the same EXACT thing you are describing? Sometimes the
> > simplest answer is never the most obvious....
>
> Yeah.  With valet parking (or any parking) you have to explicitly park
> your call.   With what I propose, or with SLA, or with many key systems
> or simple multiline phones, all you do is put the call on hold, and
> that makes it possible to grab it from elsewhere.

Back on track...

OK. I understand that "press the hold button" won't do what I want.

The next best thing is ... instead of using the built-in call parking
feature, where the call gets parked at a random extension, I need to be
able to park calls from extension X at a specific other extension Y.

Parking at a random extension, then picking it up, is fine if there's ever
only one call on hold, but I expect that there will be times where I need
to have more than one call on hold. We have four DID lines, all plugged
into our Asterisk server, and we do a lot of telephone support. :)

Thanks,
  Steve

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.