[asterisk-users] No sound: X-Lite -> Asterisk -> VoIP Provider -> Cellphone

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 13:18:26 MST 2006

Hi Vincent -

> Here's what I did on the X-Lite at home in the Topology section:
> IP address : Discover global address
> STUN server : Discover server
> Port used on local computer : Manually specify range 8000-8019
>
> Here are the ports that I forwarded from my NAT router at home:
> UDP 5060
> UDP 3478 (STUN; needed?)
> UDP 8000 to 8019
>
> Is there something else I should do, either on my home setup or at work on
> the NAT router or Asterisk?

Just to double check - have you limited the RTP ports on the asterisk
server to 8000-8019 (in rtp.conf)?

Also, Xlite uses (or used to use) a silence suppresion mechanism that
doesn't work too well with asterisk.  According to the WIKI:

Turn off Silence Supression (to avoid RFC3389 warnings on Asterisk console):
Menu | Advanced System Settings | Audio Settings | Silence Settings |
Transmit Silence: Yes

- Noah