[asterisk-users] No sound: X-Lite -> Asterisk -> VoIP Provider -> Cellphone

Vincent Delporte udc91pk02 at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 28 17:19:45 MST 2006

Hi

I have the following setup to make outgoing calls:

X-Lite (build 34025) at home behind NAT -> Internet -> Asterisk at work
behind NAT -> Internet -> VoIP provider -> GSM gateway -> cellphone.

I just tried calling my own cellphone, but there is no sound either way.

Here's what I did on the X-Lite at home in the Topology section:
IP address : Discover global address
STUN server : Discover server
Port used on local computer : Manually specify range 8000-8019

Here are the ports that I forwarded from my NAT router at home:
UDP 5060
UDP 3478 (STUN; needed?)
UDP 8000 to 8019

Is there something else I should do, either on my home setup or at work on
the NAT router or Asterisk?

Thank you!