[asterisk-users] cmd Record doesn't resume Dialplan if phone Hangs-Up.

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Nov 28 09:01:52 MST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 28.11.2006, 17:23 +0200 schrieb Jean-Marc Salsa:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the Record Command in Asterisk,
>
> Here is the configuration :
> exten => record,1,Answer
> exten =>
> record,n,Record(/var/spool/asterisk/record/${CALLFILENAME}:WAV)
> exten => record,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
> exten => record,n,system(/usr/local/bin/send-recording.pl --to
> ${EMAILADDR} --file /var/spool/asterisk/record/${CALLFILENAME}.WAV)
> exten => record,n,Hangup
>
> If I hung up the phone during recording,
> then Message is well there, but Asterisk does not continue its way to
> the system command to send me the file.
>
> If I change the record command to detect a 2 sec silence.
> Then, Asterisk hangs up correctly and DO send the file ...
>
> Has anyone noticed something similar ?
> Did I do something wrong ?
> Can somebody help me ?

For a first workaround, use the hash key "#" to stop recording; afterwards, asterisk
will continue in the dialplan.

The moment that you hangup your phone, your dialplan will be aborted.

You might as well see wether the "h" extension could help. Read the fine
manuals at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+h+extension
and
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+standard+extensions