[asterisk-users] AsteriskNow console access

James Willing jimw at midwest-connections.com
Tue Nov 28 07:20:37 MST 2006

"Geoff Karl" <geoff.karl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed the AsteriskNow appliance
> (http://www.asterisknow.org) .  This looks like it has lots of
> promise.

> Anyone know what the secret is to being able to actually login to the
> root console?

Yes, as I found out (rather painfully) after the second (or was it third)
install, for console access you have to login as 'admin', using the
password you entered during the installation.

And I agree that it looks promising, though as far as I can tell so far
none of the GUI functionality actually works yet.

So far, I have been unable to actually get it to commit any changes
entered via the GUI and after a few attempts (or an hour or so of running)
the GUI generally appears to stop functioning.  No response to 'system
info' selection, etc...

...but it is 'Beta 1' afterall...   B^}

--
-jim (Willing)