[asterisk-users] Memory leak

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Mon Nov 27 14:29:25 MST 2006

Mitch,

I was told that 'top' can be misleading because of the fact that Linux
will generally use free space and allocate it to cache.  Try running
your tests with the 'free' command and see if there really is a memory
leak.  I think the real concern is the fact that calls start dropping
once the memory gets low enough that the system starts 'eating' into
swap and cache.  Perhaps a Linux guru out there knows if there's a way
to tailor Linux' behavior in this regard?  Also, how much RAM do you
have in the system?

-MC

  _____