[asterisk-users] Memory leak

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 13:31:32 MST 2006

Has anyone noticed (using the linux command 'top') a gradual increase in
memory usage when asterisk is under heavy processing?  I am currently
pumping 4 ISDN spans (T-1) through my asterisk test system, and have seen
the memory used value in top climb steadily each second.  Concurrently, the
value for "cached" in top also climbs, but occasionally it drops, as well.

Eventually, I start eating into swap and asterisk typically starts dropping
calls.  A reboot is required to recover the memory, unless someone here
knows of a less drastic method.

Thanks

Mitch Thompson

San Antonio, TX