[asterisk-users] Caller ID issues

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Mon Nov 27 13:18:39 MST 2006

I am going to be on site at one of my recent installs tomorrow and I am
hoping to fix an issue with the caller id. I would like suggestions for
possible problem areas and so I thought I would give as much details as I
can. The system has a Sangoma A200D card in it with 4 FXO ports and 2 FXS,
The incoming pstn lines are all 3 part of a hunt group and At&t has
confirmed the settings for caller id on all 3 lines. A call coming in on the
third line has caller id, but the other 2 give the following messages in the
CLI

Nov 21 16:54:09 ERROR[6039] caller id.c: fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-9)
Nov 21 16:54:09 WARNING[6039] chan_zap.c: CallerID feed failed: Success
Nov 21 16:54:09 WARNING[6039] chan_zap.c: CallerID returned with error on
channel 'Zap/1-1'

I have tried,

Recompiling my Zaptel and Asterisk version, both SVN checkouts of 1.2
Moving the 3rd line to a port on the other FXO module
Having At&t confirm the settings on all 3 lines.

My plan now is to go on site and double check the wiring for flaws and
connect a standard phone to the lines and confirm the presence of caller id.
aside from that, I have not had this error on any previous installs so I am
asking the list for ideas and potential fixes. Thanks in advance for your
help.

zapata.conf snip

[channels]
;channel defaults