[asterisk-users] Busy signal from IAXy when not connecting to my Asterisk box

Frank Tarczynski ftarz at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 27 11:57:12 MST 2006

I'm having a problem with my IAXy not always connecting to my Asterisk box.

When I pick-up the phone plugged in to the IAXy I get a busy signal.  I
have to hang-up the phone and wait a few seconds after the orange LED goes
out and then try again.

When this happens I don't see any connection attempts in the Asterisk -r
output.

When I do get the IAXy to connect to Asterisk I get a dial-tone and see
the connection established in the Asterisk -r output.

The IAXy and my Asterisk box are on the same network segment and are
plugged in to the same hub.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Everything works just fine once I get the
IAXy and my Asterisk box to connect.

Frank