[asterisk-users] Click to dial apps always show from "asterisk"

Eric Bishop asterisk.eric at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 01:42:12 MST 2006

We have calls that originate click-to-dial apps that use the manager
interface. As most of you know these apps first ring your handset so that
you pickup the handset and then place the outbound call once you have picked
up.

When they first ring my handset (before me picking up the handset) the call
shows as being "from asterisk". Is there any way to change this "from" name
to something the average joe understands such as "PBX"?