[asterisk-users] Re: Rewriting caller ID from database?

Tom Lynn tom at tomlynn.com
Sun Nov 26 10:17:56 MST 2006

Vincent,
I do something similar to what you're doing.  However, I use the CID number
as the astdb family, allowing me to assign multiple attributes as the keys.
It requires some maintenance, so I also wrote a php script for the
management.  You can find it here:
http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Web+based+Asterisk+Database+maintenance

Family:       206-456-7890
Privilige:      1
Family:       206-456-7890
Music:        jazz
Family:       206-456-7890
Recording:  No

By inverting the relationship, I found it easier to focus on the source of
the call and the treatments I want to apply.  I can also wipe out entries by
family name and remove all attributes in one operation using database
deltree.