[asterisk-users] Rewriting caller ID from database?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Nov 22 15:34:09 MST 2006

Vincent Delporte wrote:
> Hi
>
> Most of our customers have generic names like "Hospital", so I need to
> rewrite their caller ID name by looking up the number in a database on
> the Asterisk server, and rewriting the name such as "Reading Hospital"
> so that we know who's calling.
>
> Any idea if this can be done with Asterisk, and how to do it?

Entries are stored in the internal database.  Then at the incoming
context I have:

exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(CIDNAME/${CALLERIDNUM})})
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=91${CALLERIDNUM})

Doug

-- Ben Franklin quote: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."