[asterisk-users] Auto recording calls?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Nov 24 10:01:23 MST 2006

On 21 Nov 2006, at 14:34, Jay Moore wrote:

> Tim Panton wrote:
>>>
>>> No luck with WMP.  Anyone else have any suggestions on
>>> playing .gsm files in Windows Media Player?
>> Jay, would you be interested in a java applet that played gsm files ?
>> I think I have the bones of one kicking around that I could dust off
>> and polish up.
>> This only really works if you are providing your customers access
>> to the gsm files
>> via http and can easily wrap a page around them...
>>

> Well, ideally I'd like for my customers to be able to download the
> file and play it on their computer, but a Java applet that plays
> them on our website would be a cool idea, too.  So, yeah, I'd be
> interested.

Here's my bare bones implementation GSM player for voicemail etc

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/software/playGSM/PlayGSM.html

As the web page says, you can use it in 2 ways:
1) as an applet - arrange for the web app (php?)  to set the 'url' param
and it will play download and play the selected file

2) or if you download the jar file (http://www.westhawk.co.uk/
software/playGSM/PlayGSM.jar)
   you can also run it as an application

java -jar playGSM.jar {url of gsm}