[asterisk-users] Hairping calls and Originating CLI

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Nov 23 13:55:41 MST 2006

On 22 Nov 2006, at 14:18, Adrian Marsh wrote:

> [Adrian Marsh]
>
> Thanks Tim,
>
> Notransfer is commented out (so I guess means = transfer).
> How does Asterisk know that the IN and OUT IPs are the same A*k box?
> (They may not be I guess).  If the IPs are different, wouldn't it need
> to join the calls itself??

Your asterisk asks the two end points if they can/will talk to each
other,
if they both can, it synchronizes them, then steps out of the path.

> I've asked gradwell about my second point (still waiting...), but your
> thoughts are the same as mine.  In theory it should be ok, because I
> have to authenticate the IAX connection with a username/password,
> which
> in turn they own and can look up if needed.. But I think theres
> something in UK law that says you can't be allowed to spoof the
> originating CLI.

I don't know about a law, but the downstream interconnecting points
probably make them sign contracts to that effect.
Of course if you can prove to Gradwell (or whoever) that the number is
yours, then it isn't spoofing - even if the call didn't really
originate on that
line.

T.

Tim Panton