[asterisk-users] TE110P and TDM400P

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Nov 23 08:44:41 MST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 12:47:27PM -0300, Lincoln Zuljewic Silva wrote:
> Ok, now it works:
>
> ideiafix:~# modprobe zaptel
> ideiafix:~# modprobe wcte11xp
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 32: No such device or address (6)
> FATAL: Error running install command for wcte11xp
> ideiafix:~# modprobe wctdm
> ideiafix:~# modprobe wcte11xp
>

> Order to load: zaptel, wctdm, wcte11xp

No. This just goes to show that you should not run ztcfg automatically.

An alternative experiment:

sed -i -e 's/^install /#remmed out by Tzafrir# &/' /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel
wget http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/team/tzafrir/zaphelper/zaptel-helper
. zaptel-helper
# let's get asterisk out of our way, so we could unload modules:
/etc/init.d/asterisk stop
# start afresh: let's make sure we have no modules loaded
unload_modules

# now we're ready. Feel free to add a long sleep here.
# let's load the modules:
modprobe wctdm
modprobe wcte11xp
wait_for_zap_ctl # udev may take its time generating /dev/zap/ctl
ztcfg

##### End of experiment.

However, I would still recommend that you load the wctdm driver last.
This takes slight editing of zaptel.conf (and zapata.conf), or using
xpp/genaptelconf .

To force that load order:

cat <<EOF >>/etc/modules
wcte11xp
wctdm
EOF

(or use, surprise-surprise, genzaptelconf -dM).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com