[asterisk-users] TE110P and TDM400P

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 22 23:18:50 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:51:24PM -0300, Lincoln Zuljewic Silva wrote:
> Hello all. I have here a TE110P (configured as E1) and a TDM400P (with four X100P - FXS). Both boards are recognized by the operating system as showed above:
>
> 0000:08:00.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
>         Subsystem: Unknown device b1d9:0003
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 169
>         I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
>         Memory at febff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> 0000:08:01.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
>         Subsystem: Unknown device 79fe:0001
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 193
>         I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
>         Memory at febfe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> The problem is that I cant make the both cards to work together in the same server. Here is my /etc/zaptel.conf:
>
> ###
> fxsks=1-4
> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
>
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> bchan=5-19,21-35
> dchan=20
> ###
>
> When I load the wctdm module, I get this error: ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 5: No such device or address (6). Its sounds like the FXS module its tring to configure the channels 5 to 35 (E1 - ISDN Channels - TE110P card).
>
> Anybody already saw this ? Its possible to use this two cards in the same computer ? There is any separator that I can use in zaptel.conf to make the load of the modules dont mistakes itself ?
>
> Here is my versions:
> Debian kernel - 2.6.8

As you use Debian, you should expect the drivers to be loaded by hotplug
before you run you zaptel init stuff. So simply load them before that.
Add the following two lines to /etc/modules :

wcte11xp
wctdm

Use the init.d script from the Debian zaptel package, as the sample one
from the package will only break your setup. Also, be sure to remove the
"install ..." lines from /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel if there are any, and
run ztcfg only in the zaptel init.d script.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com