[asterisk-users] IP601 Expansion Module HELP!!!

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Wed Nov 22 07:03:15 MST 2006

Ron McCarthy wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> Im in this HUGE crisis. Im trying to get a Polycom 601 with two expansion
> modules to work. I need the XML config files I guess. Does anyone have
> these
> I can have? Im trying to get this phone up and running, and haveing MUCHO
> problems, can someone help me out!! Im sure if I see the configs I can see
> how it works, just need those XML files!! The ones from the 501 that I have
> dont seem to work. Or do you have any help/configs on this? Any help would
> be GREAT on this, im in a huge crunch!!!!
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

If you are running the same firmware on the 501 and the 601 the config
files are the same. If you are looking for the firmware and bare bones
configs you have three options:
-Ask the vendor you purchased the phones from for it.
-Download the 1.6.x series from polycom themselves.
-Go here: http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/

  As for the expansion modules, to my knowledge there isn't anything
special that needs to be done to configure them. Simply plugging them in
to the phone activates them and gives you the extra set of line
keys/speed dials.

If you are still having problems, it might be helpful if you described
the specific task you are trying to accomplish and what it is not working.

-Dave