[asterisk-users] Help me to configure my NOKIA E70 Mobile with my Asterisk server

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Nov 21 03:40:45 MST 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 15:03, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 20/11/06, Crazy Boy <crazymoonboy at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Friends,
>>
>> Recently, I bought NOKIA E70 mobile. I have configured my mobile
>> to connect
>> with my Asterisk server depends on the information available in
>> Internet.
>> But, its telling that "Registration failed". If anybody configured
>> this
>> mobile for Asterisk server, please tell me the step by step
>> configuration or
>> please tell me a good website link to do this.
>
> There's this great new tool to help you, it's called Google....
>
> http://www.google.com?q=asterisk+e70
>
> The no. 1 result
>
> http://cook.dannemann.org.uk/howto/e61sip/
>
> is a very good HOW-TO which works fine for me. Remember (if you
> already knew) that the E70 and friends don't play well with NAT - but
> seem to work fine with Asterisk inside the same firewall.

One thing to watch is that the nokia's default
keyboard input mode capitalizes the first word of an input field. That
combined by a font where capitals are very similar to lowercase
had me scratching my head for half  a day. In the end
I looked at asterisk's sip debug and spotted that the username
that the nokia sent was capitalized. Easy to fix!

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/