[asterisk-users] reduce dialtone volume on zap channel.

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Nov 20 07:10:59 MST 2006

Don Pobanz wrote:
>>> Is there a way to reduce the volume of the dial tone
>>> on a zap channel?
>>> I don't want to reduce the audio volume on calls so txgain in
>>> zapata.conf will not work.
>>>
>> Add a w to your dial statement.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Sorry Doug but I don't believe you read the question ;)!
>
> However, I will give you a second chance.

Actually, I did.  Your problem doesn't stem from the volume levels, but
from the setup time necessary for your PSTN.   You think the volume
level is the cause of it missing the first digit and I don't believe it
is.  As the answer for you volume question, you can play around with the
txgain settings to reduce it.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: