[asterisk-users] Dialing from "Placed Calls" on Polycom IP501doesn't always work

John Marvin jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Thu Nov 16 05:34:32 MST 2006

Noah Miller wrote:

> I never ran 1.6.6 for any length of time.  1.6.7 and 2.0.1 don't seem
> to suffer this issue.  2.0.1 has some buddy watch problems, so you may
> not want to use it, but 1.6.7 should be OK.

I've been running 1.6.6 for quite a while, and I have been quite annoyed
by this bug. However, the release notes for 1.6.7 did not mention fixing
this problem, so I did not have any motivation for upgrading. But, since
you said that you did not see the problem on 1.6.7 I decided to upgrade
and see if the problem was fixed. It appears to have fixed it, although
I can't be sure yet, because sometimes a call placed from the "placed
calls" list did work on 1.6.6, so I don't have enough of a sample size
yet to be sure the bug is gone. I sure hope it is.

Thanks for the info.

John