[asterisk-users] Grandstream Programmable Buttons & Retrieving On Hold Lines

Ken Williams ken at intermountainelectronics.com
Wed Nov 15 15:32:31 MST 2006

A day of banging my head against a wall and spamming this list is about
done....

I've got everything working beautifully, and I'm ready to go full out
and implement all across the board...save for one stupid little thing.

We have 6 phone lines and I'd like the GXP-2000 to show the status of
these 6 phone lines down, as well as allow a user to pick a specific
line, the right hand side.  I can get it show the status, but when you
push that button it just rings the system as if you're an outside
caller.  I've gone in loops on the internet & in the dialplan, tried a
ton of different things, but this simple trick I cannot get to perform.
Do I need to create a new extension that ties directly to line 1 and
monitor it?  If so, how?

I'm using TDM400's in the server.  I'd like to have button 1 on the
right hand side tied directly to ZAP/1, button 2 to ZAP/2 and so on.
Please tell me this is possible and give some tips or recommendations to
me.  Happy to paste parts of configuration files, but don't want to spam
this poor list any more than I have, so I'll wait til they're requested.

Thanks,
Ken