[asterisk-users] Auth Issue using Asterisk as Voicemail AND as Normal SIP Extension.

Jean-Marc Salsa jsalsa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:32:02 MST 2006

Hi,

My case is a little bit complicated.
I would like to use my Asterisk Box for 2 different services/providers :
- Voicemail server for one
- SIP Registrar and Proxy for some other extensions

The problem is that Voicemail service is for another provider which has
defined Extension like ABC ...
We are connected to them through a SIP Trunk.
Everything works fine ....
Except IF ABC is also defined in the sip.conf as one of the other Extensions
of the second virtual provider ...
Thus, Asterisk doesn't ask anymore password for the SIP Trunk, but for the
SIP Extension ..... Which is WHAT I DO NOT WANT !
because as you might guess, the call to Voicemail will be rejected !

I have been thinking of implementing SIP Multi-Domain,
Would it be the way ?
Very hard to find good doc on the subject ... could someone point it out
please ?

How should I implement it ? what domain should I put in Asterisk General SIP
config ?
Should I use for each of the defined extension a setting specifying from
which domain they belong ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

JM