[asterisk-users] Asterisk - big installation

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Wed Nov 15 10:53:50 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 14:41 +0100, doki_cti wrote:
> Hello
> I want build big asterisk server. Server will be work as gateway between PSTN and VoIP network. I think about 1000 SIP users accounts and 4 E1 ports. I know that preformance in this case depend on codeck which will be use. I want use card with CAPI interface. Can you describe me your experience with this?
> If you have some big installaion, please wriete some info about server (procesor, ram etc), numbers of user and simultaneous calls beetwene VoIP and PSTN. How often server crash?
> Regards
> Doki
> _________

why capi? why not a sangoma or digium card?
If you have a 1000 Sip users you'll need to do more than just a 'big'
server - google and browse this list, there are plenty of people who
published their server hardware specifications and call lists.
Have you looked at sip proxying? Maybe use multiple smallish servers?
The server should not crash more than you want it to, whatever that is.
If you plan to run it
non-stop for say 4 years, plan it out accordingly and it can be done. If
you run multiple small ones, maybe you can accept 1 crashed server every
3 months.
Unless you have lots of time and patience, your best next step is to ask
on the -biz list for someone to help with this installation.

Conrad