[asterisk-users] Recording outbound analog calls with X100P

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed Nov 15 10:42:10 MST 2006

Matthew J. Roth wrote:
> Is it possible to record outbound analog calls using an X100P?
>
> I was asked if I knew how to record all calls for a shop with 4 analog
> phones transparently to the end users.  I thought Asterisk was a good
> fit for this and I envisioned using either Digium TDM400Ps or Sangoma
> A200s with 4 FXO and 4 FXS modules.  The FXO modules would be
> connected to the existing PBX and the FXS modules to the existing
> analog phones.  Then with a simple dialplan, all inbound and outbound
> calls could be recorded by Monitor.
>
> I wanted to mock this up using some X100Ps that I had laying around,
> but found that I could only record inbound calls.  I believe that I
> need an FXS interface to record outbound analog calls but my past
> experience is with T1 interfaces, so I could be mistaken.
>
> If anyone could suggest any improvements to my recording scheme, they
> would also be appreciated.
As per ManxPower at #asterisk, it is not possible to record a call
dialed from an analog phone connected to the "Phone In" port of an X100P
because the two ports on the card are hard-wired together.

I'm still looking for feedback on the recording scheme.  Right now I'm
leaning towards using Sangoma A200s.  Any input from the community would
be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions