[asterisk-users] Recording outbound analog calls with X100P

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Mon Nov 13 10:00:01 MST 2006

List members,

Is it possible to record outbound analog calls using an X100P?

I was asked if I knew how to record all calls for a shop with 4 analog
phones transparently to the end users.  I thought Asterisk was a good
fit for this and I envisioned using either Digium TDM400Ps or Sangoma
A200s with 4 FXO and 4 FXS modules.  The FXO modules would be connected
to the existing PBX and the FXS modules to the existing analog phones.
Then with a simple dialplan, all inbound and outbound calls could be
recorded by Monitor.

I wanted to mock this up using some X100Ps that I had laying around, but
found that I could only record inbound calls.  I believe that I need an
FXS interface to record outbound analog calls but my past experience is
with T1 interfaces, so I could be mistaken.

If anyone could suggest any improvements to my recording scheme, they
would also be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions