[asterisk-users] T38 problem

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Wed Nov 15 05:40:36 MST 2006

I have problem with fax machine Panasonic DX600. It's connected to Grandstream Handy Tone 386 which is connected to Asterisk. Asterisk is connected to my SIP provider.

To some numbers I can't send FAX, and I get following error on CLI.
WARNING[2237] chan_sip.c: Unknown SDP media type in offer: image 31358 udptl t38

I believe that Panasonic DX600 machine supports T38. And when I have another T38 fax machine on other end they try to send FAX using T38 protocol. And than I believe I get above error and sending FAX fails.

Is there any way to solve this? I hear that there is T38 support in Asterisk 1.4, but I can't wait for version 1.4. In manual for Panasonic DX600 I didn't find any instructions how to turn T38 off.

Please suggest something.

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split