[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a SIP client, Need to auto-answer

Ehsan Khosrowshahi ehsan_ka at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 04:58:35 MST 2006

Hi all,

  I want to initiate a call from the asterisk to an extension, where I will forward
  the asterisk side to another extension later (to the conference extension). I can
  initiate a call uning originate call from an extension to the desired extension,
  but it would need someone from the originator extension to answer the phone. How
  can i register an extension to asterisk where it automatically answers the phone
  and creates a channel where I may be able to redirect that channel later to the
  conference room.

  This is what I have done and didnt work:

  SIP.conf
register => 70000:70000 at 191.21.21.21
  [70000]
type=friend
auth=md5
username=70000
secret=70000
callerid=70000
host=191.21.21.21
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=1500
nat=yes

  and in Extension.conf I got:
  exten => 70000,1,Answer

and when I originate a call using Manager API with these parameters:
  Channel: SIP/70000 at 70000
CallerID: 70000
Exten: Any number
  I got the following error in asterisk CLI:
    == Manager 'manager' logged on from 191.21.21.21
    -- Got SIP response 482 "Loop Detected" back from 191.21.21.21
       > Channel SIP/0041435215309-3c5a was never answered.
  == Manager 'manager' logged off from 191.21.21.21

I want to create a dump connection between a dump extension to any extension then
  redirect the channel from the dump extension side to the conferece. but How can i make the dump  extension to auto-answer and create a channel when I Originate Call using manager API?

  Best
Ehsan

Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month -   Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!