[asterisk-users] Problem with FXS ports of TDM400P

Robert Jenkins raj at jrw.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 15:46:01 MST 2006

Hi,

I've not yet used a TDM400, only a 2400.
Silly question first, are you connecting the power cable? I don't know what
happens if you leave it off.

I found that if I have the zaptel & asterisk services enabled, the
card/drivers do not initialise correctly.

To get my system working, I ended up with the services stopped.
I added lines in rc.local to remove (rmmod) the card driver & zaptel
modules, then start zaptel, a delay while other things are started, then
start asterisk. I'm running Centos 4.4 so the exact commands may be
different - eg. I use 'service zaptel start' to start zaptel, which then
loads all the appropriate modules.

This sequence seems to give an absolutely reliable startup (so far...)

The other minor problem I had was getting the settings mixed up in
/etc/zaptel.conf
I initially missed the bit of the docs that said to use fxsks for the FXO
modules connected to outside lines & use fxoks for the FXS modules on local
extensions.

Hope this is some help,
Robert Jenkins.