[asterisk-users] sip forward behind a nat

Vicky vicky.r at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 03:24:12 MST 2006

One more thing i would like to point out is that softphones like sjphone use
some freeware stun server to detect nat on network (as a client ) .
Asterisk ( as client ) cannot use external stun server to detect nat type
automatically so i think thats why it isnt able to make calls while
softphone works . Port forwarding should help here .Also edit sip_nat.conf
after port forwarding but it will be a burden to setup if
asterisk is on dynamic ip  .