[asterisk-users] sip forward behind a nat

nik600 nik600 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 01:14:50 MST 2006

On 11/13/06, Vicky <vicky.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> IF your asterisk server is behind NAT and no port forwarding is done then
> how can that static ip user/device reach it . You will have to
> keep asterisk server in static ip or do
> port forwarding to accept connections from
> outside .
i've understand but my Asterisk server doesn't have to accept calls,
it only have to make a call

> OR maybe i didnt understand senario properly here . Is
> it like your "Server with SIP application (public_address)"
> responds to sip calls made by any program ( like sjphone pc-pc sip ) .
exaclty, infact if i use sjphone from an adsl connection (using a
modem) with sjphone i can make a call to the server with SIP
application

> thats case then asterisk should be able to call it like any other program or
> maybe theres nat scenario playing bad here :-/ . Can you port forward from
> firewall to asterisk server  ??
I can port forward from firewall to server, but i'd like to maintain
the server not accessible from internet.

I'll check some NAT configuration, many thanks to your reply.