[asterisk-users] Bellsouth issue ?

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:21:13 MST 2006

Dovid B wrote:
> I have a client that has a dedicated box. Running asterisk 1.2.10 with
> ztdummy on Centos. He is connected via Bell South DSL in the Miami,
> Florida area. He has been complaing about voice quality issues. The
> person he is calling can hear him fine however he can not has terrible
> quality issues. Is there anyone else that is having problems with Bell
> South ? (Qos has been taken care of).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dovid

Dovid,

I am a residential Bellsouth DSL customer in central Florida and have
not had an quality issues with or without Zaptel hardware.  I typically
get 380KB/second down and supposedly 48KB/second up.  I tested this past
weekend running CentOS on a 700 MHz athlon with a bittorrent of Fedora
FC6 running on another PC in the network, no sound quality issues.

What DSL service level does your client have?  Also how was QoS taken
care of?

Bob...