[asterisk-users] Native TDM Bridge

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:14:33 MST 2006

I have a two port TE205P Digium card.  I have set everything up to
create a native zap bridge between the two spans.  Everything works
perfectly except one thing.  Our telco has a "password" that has to be
entered as soon as a long distance call is made.  So if I dial a long
distance call from my meridian system, asterisk bridges the call
between two channels, my telco picks up and gives me a tone, I enter
my 3 digit password, and the call is supposed to be completed.
Instead I get a busy signal.  The call is already bridged by the time
I have to punch in the telco password.  This works fine If I plug my
norstar system directly into the PRI telco.  Another strange issue is,
 If I make a slip of the finger and I dial 1-349-555-55551 with a
trailing digit all works fine.

Anyone have an idea????  I tried relaxing the DTMF on both PRI's as
well.  Debug does't show anything either.

SPAN1 is connected to my Telco's PRI and SPAN2 is connected to a
Norstar Meridian.

Here is my zapata.conf:
[channels]
#PRI to TimeWarner defined as group 2
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
context=pstn
callerid=asreceived
resetinterval = never
group = 2
channel => 1-23

#PRI to Norstar Meridian defined as group 3
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_net
context=meridian
callerid=asreceived
resetinterval = never
group = 3
channel => 25-47

Here is my zaptel.conf:
#PRI to TimeWarner
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
#PRI to Norstar Meridian
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=25-47
dchan=48
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Here is my extensions.conf:
;
; Context for meridian incoming calls
; Check incoming call to see if callerid is already set.  If not
; then set it to the Main number, and forward it out to the
; highest available channel on the TW PRI.
[meridian]
exten => _X.,1,GoToIf($["${CALLERIDNUM}" = ""]?2:3)
exten => _X.,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=EXCLUDEDFORLIST)
exten => _X.,3,NoOp(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _X.,4,Dial(${PSTNOUT}/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,5,Hangup()
exten => i,1,Answer()
exten => i,n,Wait(1)
exten => i,n,Playback(cannot-complete-as-dialed)
exten => i,n,Playback(please-contact-tech-supt)
exten => i,n,Hangup()
;