[asterisk-users] Desktop integration

Michał Niklas michal.niklas at heuthes.pl
Mon Nov 13 04:59:47 MST 2006

Ondrej Valousek napisał(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I am interested in integrating my telephone system (I am using
> hardphones and Asterisk) with my desktop - something like this:
>
> 1. someone sends me his/her phone number via email/icq
> 2. I cut/paste the number in some application/web page (?)
> 3. my phone starts ringing and when I pick it up I will get connected
> with the remote party.
I have done this by simple CGI program that creates call file.
I put asterisk and HTTP server (apache) on the same machine.
In CGI program I also do some number normalization, so if user
sends me "+48 91 123 45 67" I remove spaces and other special
chars and add "Zap/g1/" prefix.

Be aware of file permissions and do not create call file "on place",
but rather create it in tmp directory and than move it to final spool
directory.

Regards,
Michał Niklas