[asterisk-users] Desktop integration

Vij vij at it.iitb.ac.in
Mon Nov 13 04:57:23 MST 2006

Basically here is what the application you need has to do:
1. take the number you paste
2. make a call file
3. drop it in the outgoing spool directory of asterisk

This could be easily done in php - just one page. Donno if any app already
exists (have heard of many, but not sure if they come alone or as part of
other apps). But writing one should not take much time.

-Vij

On 11/13/06, Ondrej Valousek <webserv at s3group.cz> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I am interested in integrating my telephone system (I am using hardphones
> and Asterisk) with my desktop - something like this:
>
> 1. someone sends me his/her phone number via email/icq
> 2. I cut/paste the number in some application/web page (?)
> 3. my phone starts ringing and when I pick it up I will get connected with
> the remote party.
>
> Now I know I have read some discussion about this possibility but I can
> not recall where.
> Many thanks for any point.
>
> Ondrej

Where there is a will