[asterisk-users] Headaches with Video over SIP

Peter Howard peter.howard at ursys.com.au
Sun Nov 12 16:45:13 MST 2006

Greetings all,

I'm playing with asterisk and two Polycom VSX300 videoconferencing
units.  And I'm having zero luck getting video working over SIP.

The two units register fine with asterisk, and with "allow=all" in
sip.conf, the two units establish voice.  But no video.  And no obvious
messages as to whats going wrong.  The config for each is (they're
numbered 201 and 202):

[202]
secret=
type=friend
context=from-sip-202
host=dynamic
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=all

If you're wondering why I do the "disallow=all" immediately followed by
"allow=all", it's because the allow line has spent a lot of time with
restricted codecs to see if that makes a difference.

I can provide the full sip.conf, extensions.conf, and debug output if
anyone wants to see them.

Any suggestions as to where things are falling down?

--
Peter Howard
URSYS

Ph: 02 8745 2816    Fax: 02 8745 2828