[asterisk-users] same extension on softphones and hardphones

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Sun Nov 12 16:25:47 MST 2006

This is not a SIP issue, but a problem with your configuration.

We have all hard phones register/authenticate with their MAC address as the
user/peer name. Soft phones use user id's that correspond to the person. We
then have our dialplan ring the appropriate devices (soft or hard) depending
on which extension was dialed.

Use the "&" operator in the dial string to ring multiple devices.

Cheers,

Cullin