[asterisk-users] Random 'no audio' problem

Jordi Nelissen jordi.nelissen at escaux.com
Sun Nov 12 14:39:21 MST 2006

Matt,

as a start, what I can advise you is to take a tethereal trace and try
to reproduce the problem.

"nohup tethereal host a.b.c.d -s2000 -w /tmp/yourtrace.cap &"

Where a.b.c.d is the IP address of your IP phone. You can then analyse
the trace and at least see if the asterisk box is sending AND receiving
RTP traffic to and from the phone.

We have seen some issues in the past with 'no audio' or 'unidirectional
audio' due to wrong firmware versions in SIP phones or due to ethernet
switch instability, even on a cisco 3560 switches.

Hope this helps,

Jordi

Matt wrote:
> I have no idea.. that sounds like your Internet connection is going
> down and leaving you for a bit and then coming back.   My issue is a
> local network connection, no public Internet... or you can even call
> in from outside on the PSTN and the audio, both ways, will just stop.
>
> On 11/3/06, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have the same problem with IAX trunk and SIP extensions. Now I think
>> its
>> the IAX. I never had this problem om SIP trunk. Am I right?

Jordi Nelissen

E S C A U X
Business IP Telephony

www.escaux.com