[asterisk-users] Determine if Call is from a cellular phone

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Nov 12 14:26:34 MST 2006

With LNP in the US, there really is no way to determine if the call
originates from a landline, a VOIP line or a wireless line
Most numbers are portable and even the NPA doesn't tell much any more.
I have a wireless phone with a ( former ) landline number, and a VOIP
line with a ( former ) wireless number.

I have to wonder why you care.

John Novack