[asterisk-users] asterisk and norstar

Jorge Mendoza mendoza at tcc.com.pe
Sat Nov 11 07:12:51 MST 2006

Gustavo,

Glad to help.
Gustavo, Linux and Asterisk are tools for implementing a telephony
system, so you must to know telephony basics first. Fortunately Asterisk
will force you to learn telephony!!.

Regarding transfers, see the following scenario. A calls B and B
transfer the call to C.

Blind transfer.- B dial C number and hangup immediately. Doesn't matter
if C answer, if C is busy or if C doesn't answer.

Supervised transfer.- B dial C number and stay in the middle to see if C
answer, is busy or doesn't answer. Then B will take actions depending on
C state.

Regarding topology, yes we have installed auto attendant in many
customers and voicemail, only tested on our old Mitel SX-100 at lab. At
our office we use Asterisk from his early ours!.

Hope this help.

Jorge Mendoza