[asterisk-users] asterisk and norstar

Gustavo Berman gustavoberman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 07:42:17 MST 2006

Hello Jorge, and thanks for the answers, but:

I don't understand what is a blind transfer and a supervised transfer.
I mean, in the topology:

- pstn line -> norstar (ext 123) -> ATA -> (fxo zap/1) asterisk

An incoming call from the pstn line is forwarded by the norstar to extension
123 were asterisk is.
So asterisk answers the call and play a background message for the caller.
But when the user enter the extension number what do we have to do?
I tried with:

Hook flash version:
exten => _XXX,1,Flash()  ;do a hook flash (like pressing FUNCTION in
meridian phone)
exten => _XXX,2,SendDTMF(*70w${EXTEN},250)  ;sends the code for transfer
plus the extension
exten => _XXX,3,Hangup()
In this version I can transfer the call using the same channel (zap/1) but
didn't find a way for voicemail if the call is unanswered or is busy.
Also if its unanswered the call is returned to the extension were asterisk
is.

Dial version:
exten => _XXX,1,Dial(ZAP/1/${EXTEN})
It says the channel is busy.
I think that with this version I can have a dialstatus for sending to
voicemail

So, a couple of questions:
What is a blind and a supervised transfer? (cannot find it in the norstar
manual)
Do you have and use this topology?  if so, how do you do it?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!
(I'm a linux sysadmin and never before worked with telephones system)

--
Gustavo Berman
Sysadmin