[asterisk-users] config template for Grandstreams

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Sat Nov 11 03:47:33 MST 2006

Todd- Asterisk ha scritto:
> I'm preparing to deploy a small number of Grandstream BT101's and
> GXP2000's to a remote location (which I won't have access to).  I'd
> like to have them pull a config file from my server - I'm almost there...
>
> The phones are looking for the config file on my webserver which is
> good.  I need to generate that file however.  I see a tool on the GS
> website to generate the config file from a template, but the templates
> posted on their website are for an old version of the phone firmware.
> Anyone have a tool or access to templates for the latest firmware
> versions?
>
> I guess the procedure is to modify the template, then run the
> configuration tool on the template to generate the specific
> downloadable file......?
>
> Thanks
>    Todd
Todd,
afaik there's no updated template around.

However you can update it yourself (with a bit of patience):
just browse the web configuration pages for a gxp or bt phone,
look at the source html on each page
and figure out all the newer parameters
(you'll see that the html form field names match the text
template ones, for example P201, P43, etc).

Write them down to the template, they'll work.

Unfortunately it looks like grandstream phones are not
able to download a "common"template and a mac-address specific one,
but just the latter one.

You may want to write a small script that creates the cfg<mac_addr>.txt
files (one for each phone) deriving it from a template, then compile
them using the configuration tool provided by Grandstream.

I manage about 250 phones (including bt200, ht2xx/4xx and gxp2000) with
this method.

My template still lacks the last additions (xml phonebook/screensaver,
daylight savings, etc.) as I could not find the time for updating it yet.

Alberto Pastore
B-Press Srl - Gruppo MSoft
P.IVA 01697420030
P.le Lombardia, 4 - 28100 Novara - Italy
Tel. 0321-499508
Fax 0321-492974
http://www.msoft.it