[asterisk-users] announcing inbound PSTN calls

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Fri Nov 10 08:40:13 MST 2006

Am Freitag, den 10.11.2006, 00:07 -0500 schrieb Jeronimo Romero:
> I’m running asterisk 1.2.8. I would like PSTN inbound calls to do the
> following:
>

> 1-once PSTN callers enter their desired extension; they have to record
> their name
>
> 2-recording then announces that it is trying to locate the user
>
> 3-asterisk calls local extension and announces callers recorded name
>
> 4-local recipient user can choose to take the call, send it to
> voicemail or transfer it to another extension
>

> Is this possible in asterisk?? . If it is possible, what is the name
> of this function? Is this documented anywhere?
>
> What is the best approach to doing this?

In the voip-info.org wiki, there is an example for the usage of
"M" (macro) for something similar to what you want to achieve

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cmd+Dial

You might want to set a variable in the macro to some value if the
option "transfer" or "voicemail" is set, so that in the main code you
can have a "GotoIf" distinguishing those cases and doing "the right
thing"(TM).

HTH
Anselm