[asterisk-users] announcing inbound PSTN calls

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 08:34:00 MST 2006

I would recommend you to record files with a uniqueid   like var
${TIMESTAMP}

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Backgroud(enter-ext)
exten => _XXX,1,Playback(enter-name)
exten => _XXX,2,Set(filename=${TIMESTAMP})
exten => _XXX,2,Record(/tmp/prompt${filename}:wav)
exten => _XXX,3,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN},A(${filename}.wav))

On 11/10/06, bails <bails at westcomuk.com> wrote:

> exten => _XXX,3,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN},,A(somefile))
>
> bails
>
> Gustavo Berman wrote:
> > Interesting!
> > I think this can help for a start (but I don't know how to continue!!):
> >
> > [incoming]
> > exten => s,1,Answer()
> > exten => s,2,Backgroud(enter-ext)
> > exten => _XXX,1,Playback(enter-name)
> > exten => _XXX,2,Record(/tmp/prompt${EXTEN}:wav)
> > exten => _XXX,3,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN})
> >
> > now, how to play the recorded message to the called party when he/she
> > answers the phone?
> > any help?
> >
> > On 11/10/06, * Jeronimo Romero* <jromero at eusnetworks.com
> > <mailto:jromero at eusnetworks.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I'm running asterisk 1.2.8. I would like PSTN inbound calls to do
> >     the following:
> >

> >     1-once PSTN callers enter their desired extension; they have to
> >     record their name
> >
> >     2-recording then announces that it is trying to locate the user
> >
> >     3-asterisk calls local extension and announces callers recorded name
> >
> >     4-local recipient user can choose to take the call, send it to
> >     voicemail or transfer it to another extension
> >

> >     Is this possible in asterisk?? . If it is possible, what is the name
> >     of this function? Is this documented anywhere?
> >
> >     What is the best approach to doing this?
> >

> >     Thanks in advance

> > --
> > Gustavo Berman
> > Sysadmin