[asterisk-users] Powering SNOM 200 phones?

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Thu Nov 9 19:11:14 MST 2006

Ok, not exactly an Asterisk problem, but...

I picked up some SNOM 200 phones because SNOM's have been recommended for use
with Asterisk and they have line buttons that can subscribe to presence.

However, they don't appear to power up when connected to my Negear FS108P,
which is an 802.3af Power-over-ethernet capable hub.   I am pretty sure
these are the SNOM 200b, in that the ethernet connectors are at the
back rather than on the bottom, and there doesn't even seem to be
a jack for plugging in any other kind of power adapter (and I don't
have another one.)

Anybody had experience with these phones and powering them?  Is it
just an icompatability with the Netgear, or do I have 2 dead phones?
Would getting a different PoE box be a good idea?  (Frys has the
airlink for $29 from time to time, which is a great price.  Otherwise
many older PoE boxes tend to cost more than the modern cheaper phones
they might power.)