[asterisk-users] Reg errors? Other anomalies? Check those capacitors!

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Nov 8 17:37:35 MST 2006

The motherboard's capacitor? What is that? Since there are probably a
hundred or more caps on the MB, how did you determine that? Was it burned?
Other than that, without making either capacitance or noise tests I can't
imagine how you would make that assumption.

Doug

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Ronald Lewis wrote:

> Three months ago, I was experiencing all sorts of issues with my Asterisk
> box maintaining a connection to multiple trunks, etc. I also experienced
> various timing issues as well. In addition, Asterisk would sometimes take
> almost a minute to fully load and register its SIP and IAX trunks.
>
> Puzzled, I recompiled several times. No result. I checked my hardware.
> Didn't find anything. However, I did overlook one thing:
>
> * The motherboard's capacitor!
>
> Yep, you guessed it! It was bad. Now, I do not have any problems (I didn't
> bother replacing the motherboard, ended up using a spare PC).

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *