[asterisk-users] Reg errors? Other anomalies? Check those capacitors!

Ronald Lewis groups at ronaldlewis.com
Wed Nov 8 16:45:36 MST 2006

Three months ago, I was experiencing all sorts of issues with my Asterisk
box maintaining a connection to multiple trunks, etc. I also experienced
various timing issues as well. In addition, Asterisk would sometimes take
almost a minute to fully load and register its SIP and IAX trunks.

Puzzled, I recompiled several times. No result. I checked my hardware.
Didn't find anything. However, I did overlook one thing:

* The motherboard's capacitor!

Yep, you guessed it! It was bad. Now, I do not have any problems (I didn't
bother replacing the motherboard, ended up using a spare PC).