[asterisk-users] Ringing phones

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:18:45 MST 2006

Hi Matt -

> The config is pretty simple.. when a call comes in it does an
> Answer(), which obviously is going to stop the phone companies
> no-answer-call-forward from working.  My question, better perhaps,
> is.. is there a way to cause asterisk to push the ringing through to
> my ring group, without actually answering the line?

Yes, as suggested earlier, just don't use the Answer() statement.
Just skip it and go directly to the Dial() command for your ring
group.  The only real reason to do an Answer() before a Dial() is if
you're getting audio-skippage (a very technical term) at the beginning
of a call.  This can happen on some FXO cards and phone lines, but it
should generally work without the Answer().

- Noah